Sixth Day, Third Month 2020 (Friday March 20 2020) 1PM – 4PM
You are cordially invited to attend the first CFHA ‘Friendly Friday’ at Friends House (60 Lowther Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 1C7). This inaugural meeting is open to all, and there is no admission charge. The nearest transit stop is the St George subway station’s Bedford Road entrance.
We will celebrate the recent launch of the CFHA website and its blog, our moderated open forum for members and non-members to connect, share questions and information, and develop interest groups related to specific aspects of Quaker heritage. Please bring your interests and questions!
Our Friendly Friday will include:
- Meet & Greet: co-chairs Jeff Dudiak and Gord Thompson, members of the Executive Committee, Organization Assistant and blog moderator Chris Landry, and webmaster and digital archivist Allana Mayer.
- Bring your laptops/cell phones and get help registering for the new blog. There is no fee to register and contribute to the blog, or to view the extensive collection of CFHA document transcriptions posted on the website,
- Meet transcription coordinator Randy Saylor. The first transcription of a Toronto Monthly Meeting minute book (1898-1902) has been completed. What does it reveal?
- Do you have historical Quaker documents or material? Find out about CFHA plans to develop a digital archive, and how CFHA may be able to help you preserve and share your holdings.
- Genealogy, anyone? Family history? Special interests such as Quakers and the environment? Relations with First Nations? Other topics? Come and share your concerns and interests.
- Light refreshments: come for the history and socializing—stay for the tea and cookies!
Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com. See you there!