See the events category on our blog.
CFHA and other Quaker related historical events are announced here. Meetings and other groups are invited to contact us to have their event included.
CFHA Friendly Fridays
Friendly Friday sessions are an outreach program of the Canadian Friends Historical Association, consistent with our mission: “to preserve and communicate the history and faith of the Religious Society of Friends in Canada.”
New participants and visitors to Friendly Friday are always welcome. We are currently reading the Journal of George Fox (from the John Nickalls edition) as a group. The text has been divided into short manageable sections which are displayed on-screen. Each passage is read aloud by a participant and each reading is followed by a period of reflection, consideration and comment. We have found that a deep and patient listening to Fox spoken aloud tends to flow naturally into personal insight and comment that has much in common with worship-sharing. Collectively we come to a deeper understanding of the profound ministry of Fox and the early Friends, and are encouraged to consider how this ministry may provide instruction end perspective to our contemporary experience. We hope you find your time with us informative and inspiring.
Our sessions are currently on second Fridays at 1:30 pm, and the meetings are opened at 1:15pm to provide some meet and greet time and introductions.
You can register for Friendly Fridays by filling out the form here.
Annual General Meetings
- Our AGM 2022 was Saturday September 24th 2022 and was held virtually. More information is here on our blog.
- In October 2022, after the AGM, we held a threshing session to help determine the future direction of the organization. More information is here on our blog.
- Our AGM 2021 was September 18th, 2021 and was held virtually. More information is here on our blog.
- Our AGM 2020 was September 26th, 2020 11AM to 3PM, and was our first virtual annual meeting. You can view the video of the keynote presentation here on our blog and on Youtube.
- Our AGM 2019 was Saturday, September 21 at Friends House in Toronto. Check out the information here.
- Our 2018 CFHA AGM and Conference was on Saturday, September 22, at Toronto Meeting House. Here is the notice with details and the registration form.
- Our 2017 CFHA AGM and Conference was held in Guelph at Hope House. A report is in the winter Meetinghouse. This is the AGM and Conference package.
- 2016 AGM and Conference: Held at the Uxbridge Historical Centre celebrating the 200th anniversary of the Uxbridge Quaker community. This is the conference package. It was a success and a report is recorded in the 2016 winter Meetinghouse.
- 2015 AGM and Conference: Donald Anger: Jonathan Doan and Daniel Abell: The Genesis of the Yarmouth and Malahide Settlements during the War of 1812 at the Sugarloaf at Sparta.
- 2014 AGM and Conference: “Plough up the ground. Thresh and get out the corn” at Sharon Temple.
- 2013 AGM and Conference: “Loyalties in Conflict” was the theme for the annual fall on Saturday, September 21 in Toronto. See the flyer and this package of documents for the AGM and Conference details.
- AGM 2012 and update
- AGM 2011
- AGM 2010
- AGM 2009
- AGM 2008
- AGM 2004 minutes
- AGM 2003
The Conference of Quaker Historians and Archivists is an international event that occurs every other year.
2012 – The 19th biennial conference of the Conference of Quaker Historians and Archivists was held at Pickering College, Newmarket, Ontario on June 22-24, 2012. It was a great success to host so many international visitors.