Know an undergraduate or graduate student interested in Quaker history? The second annual Lucretia Mott Student Essay Award is being hosted by Azusa Pacific University’s Quaker Studies program.
Students are invited to submit papers for the “Lucretia Mott Student Essay Award.” Outstanding student paper submissions that demonstrate creative analysis and/or introduce a new field of research and make an original contribution to the field of Quaker studies will be considered for the award:
- $200 award for winning graduate/undergraduate paper
- Winning paper may be recommended for publication in the journal Quaker Studies
Submissions must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- no more than 3,500 words (including footnotes & bibliography)
- in 12-point font and double-spaced
- formatted according to Chicago Manual of Style
- free of clerical or grammatical errors
- the candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at the time of paper submission
Submit electronically by October 31st, 2021 to Jon Kershner ([email protected]). Awards will be announced at the Quaker Studies Program Unit Business Meeting during AAR.